Sunday, February 1, 2009

Assignment 2(1)

After read the passage I found Amir and his father have distant .And the only thing make them together is Sofia Akrami ,Amir’s mother ,Baba’s wife. Amir does not know about his father a lot.
In the chapter 3 Amir said he wants to a little more like Baba but Baba’s a lot of behaviors let him couldn’t turn out to like him. Like Baba ignore him, and he always felt Baba hated him because he had killed Baba’s beloved wife. Baba thinks Amir doesn’t like him, because Amir is too weak. At the end of chapter 3 Baba said” If I hadn’t seen the doctor pull him out of my wife with my own eyes, I ‘d never believe he’s my son” from this sentence I clearly know they have unhealthy relationship. And I felt a bit sad because I cannot believe the father can say his son in this way.
In the chapter 4 Amir wrote his first story, he took it to smoking room and hoped Baba can read it. But when Baba know he wrote a story he just said “Well, that’s very good, isn’t it?”, and didn’t want read it. How he hopes he can get encourage form Baba. Instead Rahim Khan read his story. Amir wished Rahim Khan had been his father. From chapter I felt Amir hoped to get love form his father he wanted his father can admit him. Actually Amir couldn’t get what he want, because there is a big river between Amir and Baba.

3 comments:

  1. Ireally agree with your opinion.I think Baba doesn't know how to treat his son Amir. Just like what Rahim Khan said, "Children aren't coloring books.You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors." But Baba doesn't understand this.I also feel sad about Amir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree with you any more~
    I don't think Amir's Baba was a qualified father, although he was brave and wealthy. He just didn't know how to lead Amir to grow healthily on mentality and his mistake result in Amir's envy to Hassan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good insights! Next time try to explain your thoughts more and use more concise (shorter) examples from the text.

    ReplyDelete