Thursday, February 26, 2009

Homework #5

Yingchen ZHAO(Amy)
It means that Baba thought America is a freely country. It’s a wonderful place for people to realized their dreams by their hard work. Baba and Amir come to American after a long time’s tough life in waiting and now they can really touch the place and begin their new life in this country where has no war. He think he can achieve his goal again. That’s why Baba said he love the idea of America, he can see the hope in this place. However, everything was not so great because when they were put in a absolutely different culture, they must try their best to adapt the new environment.There must have huge differences between the life in their mind and in the real America society. At the early time, Baba thought life is full of hope.However, the true is, he can’t adapt to the new life even nearlly two years’ stay. He quarreled with the owner of a bookstore just because she asked his ID. He felt that people here don’t trust others and also look down upon them. They lived in a poor area and Baba began to think about the life before they come here.
Well, before I come here, America in my mind is related with the words like busy, prosperous and lively. As the most strong country in the world, I think the cities must be full of exciting and interesting things. However, when I came here, I found what I thought is wrong. On the contrary, even the big city is really peacful. I’m looking forward to get some different experiences here but there’s no chance for me to do it. It’s a pity that the life here is far away of what I have thought before but I also enjoy this kind of quiet because this is a really a perfect for me to study and obtain many useful things or my future life.

No comments:

Post a Comment