Sunday, February 15, 2009

Assignment 4 form Xinyue


Look at this picture, which part do you think is the most attractive place? In my opinion, the most attractive place is eyes. Form the picture we can know the main idea is butterfly. The butterfly on her shoulder looks very unusual, it makes her very sexy. Then pay attention to her eyes. Don’t you think the eye-shadow looks like the butterfly’s wings? The colors are very fit her blue eyes. I cannot deny she is beautiful. I think this picture it tell us the most important place in the face---eyes.
The picture is from a cosmetic company—GUERLAIN. Of course the function of the image is to sell the product. Actually I disagree with this kind of behavior, because I think not everyone fit the item. And it always gives people misunderstanding. Maybe the customer will she can become like that, but in fact the customer cannot gets what she wants. Because we don’t have high make up technique, and looks different form the model. Like me, I have brown eyes if I put the eye-shadow like the image I’m sure I am not looks as beautiful as her. I think this situation is a bit similar with Grace Suh(form The Eye of the Beholder).The image just an image or advice, you cannot believe them so much.

1 comment:

  1. Xinyue, great job! Good description and critique of this image and the effectiveness of the advertisement. You are thinking on the right track here!

    ReplyDelete