Monday, March 2, 2009

Anna assignment #5

As I understood from chapter 10 & 11, baba had found America as a safe place where can be ladder for his son Amir. Baba had found the united state as “brash savior”. As an example he told Amir “there are only three men in this world, America the brash savior, Britain and Israel”. When they were living in America baba found that living in America is not as sweet as in Kabul. In Kabul baba was famous and also he had a lot of common things with their neighbors. He couldn’t adapt himself with new country and culture where nobody can trust him as well as their neighbors in Kabul.
Individually before I came to united state my idea was contrary, I expected to encounter with so polite and well organized people, but I didn’t. In America sometimes people, especially young persons, mix up rudeness with freedom. Democracy and freedom is a great characteristic in U.S.A but most of the time young people abuse it, but I still believe in America as a good country.

No comments:

Post a Comment