Monday, March 2, 2009

Assignment # 5

I believe that there are many people in the world have the same idea Baba had about the U.S.A. “Baba loved the idea of America,” it was clear to me that he loved the life in America before he tried to live in it. More specifically, the idea of America means that a country full of opportunities. A good example could be his reflections to President Reagan speech on TV. Suddenly, this idea got changed when he encountered the reality. His behavior toward Mrs. Nguyen request of the ID was a good example of his reflection on reality of America. He could not accept her request and explained it in negative way. Another good example could be his thoughts about been seen buying food with charity money. Giving those two examples could help us understand how Baba got chocked by the reality of America.
About me, before I arrived to the U.S, I had an idea that this country was a full of crimes, however, I knew that there were many chances for people to build their future. Now, living in the U.S is completely different from the idea of America. I adjusted my thoughts, I know not all states have very high crimes rate, only a few. I know that is always a chance for a hard worker to achieve her goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment