Sunday, March 29, 2009

Jun's assignment7

The adult character of Amir was somewhere different to the child character of Amir. The big changed was that he started to stop his self-interest becoming doing his own fighting and facing facts in his own thinking and actions. He flight to Pakistan after he got a call from Rahim Khan even he was not sure what he was going to do with it. But in the end he decided to go to Kabul to look for Hassan’s son. Sohrab, he knew it was “a way to be good again.” He grew up. When Amir stayed in Wahid house, Amir told Wahid that he went to Kabul for looking for a boy. At the first time, he released himself after many years lies. He told Wahid that Hassan was his half-brother, his illegitimate half brother. In another hand, we also can see some his adult character similar to his child character such as his self-interest before getting change, even though he had known all the secrets about his family from Rahim Khan. He wanted to evade the truth. “I can’t go to Kabul. … I have a wife in America, a home, a career, and a family.” “I wished Rahim Khan hadn’t called me. I wished he had let me live on in my oblivion.” He run away.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Jun! You really nail these head on. I really like these two observations: "At the first time, he released himself after many years lies" and "He wanted to evade the truth." So true! In English, we say "For the first time," not "At the first time."

    ReplyDelete