Sunday, March 1, 2009

Assignmet#5

When Amir says, "Baba like the idea of America." He is talking about moving to USA. They ran from the war, they want to have more bright future. Baba's idea of America is based on to give Amir a better life. We can understand it, when he says, "Peshawar was good for me. Not good for you." Also, Baba thought that he could adjust to American culture, they could be same as Kabul. But, in realtiy Baba was not a wealthy man in USA anymore. He worked as a mechanic to bring money home. Also he does not have the respect and friends like in Kabul. All that hard work and stress give Baba ulcer and some other illness. My idea about USA is not clear enough to see right now. Becase, The USA that i know from media is totally different from Kent. I haven't seen other parts of USA. So I am not sure about my idea. Also, because of I am a student. It doesnt fulfill my idea. Although, my ideas about studying in USA are relatively same. It was not a think that i don't expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment